Sometimes less is more...
When picking colors, It’s easy to get overwhelmed by the full spectrum available to us. Though it may seem counterintuitive, it can actually be a great help to strip back the amount of colors we allow ourselves to paint with.
Let’s take a look at how we can use just four colors to paint any skin tone we want…
Watch the Full Tutorial:
This technique is based on the palette of Swedish artist Anders Zorn, who was renowned for using just four colors to paint skin: white, black, crimson red and yellow ochre.
The only 4 colors you need to blend any skin tone
1. Begin by blending a mix of red and ochre
2. Use the eyedropper to sample the result, and lay down a base layer
3. Use a touch of white to add some highlights
4. And black for the shadows
5. Watch the full tutorial to see the technique explained in detail
It’s as simple as that…
Happy painting, and make sure to send us your results!