Ever finished a painting, only to step back and realize that the colors are not quite what you wanted?
What can you do? Should you start from scratch? Should you just upload it and move on? 🤔
Fortunately, there are a few techniques you can use to change the colors in your finished illustration easily and with professional quality— and all it takes is a couple of minutes!
These simple yet super effective techniques will transform your colors from “meh” to “wow”.
In this free tutorial, I’m sharing my secrets to better color. You’ll learn:
- Why it’s never too late to change your colors
- 3 simple techniques you can use over and over again to quickly modify your colors (that you’ve probably used before, but not in this way!)
- How to completely avoid having to painstakingly repaint or blend colors to get the perfect value
- The secret to making subtle yet effective adjustments, adding more depth and realism to your art
Let’s get into it! Watch the video below:
With these techniques in your painting toolbox, you’ll save time, transform your artwork… and have a lot of fun!
If you like what you see, this is just 1 of 15 video lessons in our new jam-packed Essential Coloring Techniques module newly launched within the Digital Painting Academy (DPA).
This new module includes:
- A step-by-step walkthrough for taking your grayscale illustration to fully-colored masterpiece
- My best techniques for fixing muddy colors and getting beautiful, saturated results
- Tips for using color blending modes for a professional finish every time
- How to create glowing effects that make your paintings pop
… and so much more!
Click here to learn more about the Digital Painting Academy.
It’s everything you need to know to pack your grayscale images full of color, one step at a time!