Ever feel like your sketching and line art skills are keeping you from painting?
We got you covered, and we’re doing it with the super sweet, soulful eyes of a pug pup.
When I started learning digital painting, I struggled a lot with rendering my subjects directly- without starting with a sketch or outline.
Then, when I finally understood the value scale, and discovered the right techniques, I fell in love with the process.
Today, I’m super excited to show you how it works!
In this free tutorial, I’m sharing with you the secrets to skipping the sketch:
- The 3 observation steps to make before starting your rendering
- The problem with starting on a white background (and what to do instead)
- How to use shapes instead of sketch lines
- Establishing the right proportions of your subject
- The importance of painting while zoomed out
Watch the video now to find out how: