There IS such a thing as overdoing it with the details in your digital art!
Many artists’ favorite part of the digital painting process is adding those fine details like eyelashes, skin, and hair texture to finish off the painting.
But generally, it’s a good idea to leave adding the details to your digital portraits as the very last step.
Why? Because when you start painting details early on it will be a lot harder to fix the fundamental mistakes in the anatomy of your drawing.
In this video, I’ll talk about why it’s super important to leave painting details at the end of your art process.
Plus I’ll give you tips on how to save time when painting patterns (great for backgrounds too).
Here’s what you’ll learn in this video:
- 0:00 The portrait painting method that I use and teach (because it works for so many digital artists!)
- 0:53 When to apply details to your digital art
- 1:59 Why is it a mistake to add details too early in the development of your portrait or illustration
- 2:49 How to save time when adding details, so you don’t get too “in the weeds” and never actually finish
- 4:02 A great tip for painting patterns fast and easily
GROW FROM BEGINNER TO PRO IN 6 LEVELS
This success path is more than a course. It’s a learning journey to help digital artists like you paint from your imagination.